Upon start-up, G7 will test its lights, sound, vibration and ambient noise. If your sound test fails, it is likely that your microphone or speaker is dirty and needs cleaning.
To clean your microphone and speaker:
- Use a flashlight to inspect both the microphone and the speaker for noticeable blockages.
- Power off G7 to prevent any false alerts. Then, lightly shake the device to dislodge anything that could be stuck in the speaker or microphone.
- Clean the microphone and speaker using one or more of the following options:
- If debris are noticeable within the microphone or speakerphone opening, use a damp cloth or tool to gently remove. NOTE: Do not insert anything within the opening.
- Use a brush tool to clean the speaker screen. NOTE: Ensure that nothing penetrates the grill by more than 3mm.
- Use a can of compressed air to blow across the device. NOTE: Do not blow directly into either opening.
- Turn the device back on. If the sound test continues to fail, please contact our Customer Care team.