When receiving a new G7x, it will first need to be paired to your organization’s Bridge network. Pairing devices is a one-time setup step. After being paired, G7x and any Bridge in your organization will automatically connect to one another when on and in range.
Before getting started you will need:
- G7 Bridge with a solid green light
- G7x Devices you wish to pair
How do I pair G7x with my organization's Bridge network?
G7x will let you know it needs to be paired by sounding a yellow warning alarm and by showing pairing needed in the banner. To pair:
- Turn on G7 Bridge
- Press OK on G7 Bridge to open Bridge’s menu
Use the up and down arrows to navigate to pair new loners and press OK
- Use the up and down arrows to navigate to start and press OK
- NOTE: if your G7 Bridge will not allow you to start pairing, this means it has not yet been assigned a network key for your organization. Please contact our Customer Care team.
- G7 Bridge’s screen will say pairing started as it looks for devices
Turn on up to 5 G7x devices.
- NOTE: G7 Bridge can only connect to 5 G7x devices at once.
- When G7x has been paired, you will notice the following:
- G7 Bridge’s main screen will show that it has connected devices
- The yellow warning alarm on G7x will silence
- G7x’s green connectivity light will be solid (not flashing)
- You will receive a message on G7’s screen that reads pairing succeeded and shows your organization's Bridge network key
- Press OK on G7 Bridge to stop pairing once all necessary devices have been paired.
If you are pairing more than 5 G7x devices, repeat steps 2-7 for all G7x devices.
If you are having difficulties pairing, you can try the following:
- Ensure that G7 Bridge has a solid connectivity light
- Place G7 Bridge and G7x within 1-3 meters of one another. If devices are too close, they may have difficulties connecting.
- Ensure you aren’t trying to pair more than 5 G7x devices at once. G7 Bridge can only connect to 5 G7x devices at a time.
Need support? Contact our Customer Care team.