Updated July 14, 2020
Mass notifications are now available to every organization on Blackline Live, and allow portal managers to send messages to their fleet simultaneously. In evacuations, natural disasters or other high risk emergency situations, you can notify your fleet immediately without having to message each individual device.
Mass notifications are available now to all organizations.
Sending a mass notification
Mass notifications will be sent to any online G7 devices, including G7c, G7x and G7Bridge. You will need a group admin role in the All devices group in order to successfully send a mass notification.
1. Navigate to the mass notifications page through the main menu — it will be listed under the Resources sub-menu.
2. Ensure you have an organization selected. You are not permitted to send a message while "Show all" is selected.
3. Select the group you would like to send the message to. To messages the entire organization, select "All devices".
4. Type out a message to send. Ensure that it can fit in two lines with 16 characters each.
5. Press send to send the message to all online devices.
Receiving a mass notification
Online devices that receive the message will go into a yellow warning alarm to inform the user that they have received a message. The message will be displayed on the device’s screen.
These messages will not generate alerts in Blackline Live, and will not need to be resolved by monitoring personnel.
We guarantee 99% successful message delivery to devices that are on cellular networks.
For more information, contact our Customer Care team.