Updated May 9, 2022
In April 2022, our G7 devices will be updated as follows:
- Global firmware version 3.465 will be rolled out to G7c and G7x devices. Firmware version 3.465 includes the following new features:
- A hydrogen fluoride (HF) sensor will be available for G7c and G7x diffusion cartridges
- G7 Dock will be optimized for chlorine (Cl2)
OVER LEL Mode
Originally introduced in late 2021, the OVER LEL Mode feature has now been finalized.
NOTE: Blackline Safety must turn on this feature for your company before you will see it in your Blackline Live organization. For more information, please contact Customer Care at 1-877-869-7212 or email@example.com.
OVER LEL Mode lets you silence LEL alarms and alerts when you are entering a known high gas environment. OVER LEL Mode must be activated prior to entering the high gas environment and can be configured to time out after a specified period.
OVER LEL Mode must be configured by your company’s Blackline Live Administrator in your Blackline Live organization. You cannot configure OVER LEL Mode on your device.
To configure OVER LEL Mode in Blackline Live:
NOTE: These steps must be performed by your company’s Blackline Live Administrator.
- 1. In Blackline Live, select Menu > Configurations.
- 2. In a G7c or G7x profile, scroll down to the Modes card and select the blue plus sign (+) on the right side of the card.
- 3. Select OVER LEL, then select CHANGE MODES. The OVER LEL tab is added to the Modes card.
- 4. Select the OVER LEL tab.
- 5. Configure the OVER LEL mode as desired.
- 6. Scroll to the Devices card and check that all applicable devices have been added to the profile.
- 7. Select SAVE.
NOTE: If you created a new configuration profile, Save is located at the bottom of the page.
To activate OVER LEL Mode on your device:
- 1. On your G7 device, select OK to open the Main menu.
- 2. Select Modes.
- 3. Select OVER LEL. A prompt will open to confirm you want to switch to OVER LEL mode.
- 4. Select Yes by pressing the up arrow. The main screen will change to black on white and the banner will indicate you are in OVER LEL mode.
NOTE: OVER LEL mode will stay active until it times out according to the settings in the configuration profile or until you manually exit the mode.
Hydrogen Fluoride (HF) Sensor
Blackline Safety is introducing a hydrogen fluoride (HF) sensor for G7 devices with diffusion cartridges. The HF sensor will not be available in G7 pump cartridges.
Due to the high toxicity of HF, this sensor must be manually calibrated and bump tested with 5 ppm chlorine (Cl2). At this time, calibration and bump testing of the HF sensor is not supported with G7 Dock.
NOTE: When calibrating or bump testing the HF sensor with 5 ppm Cl2, the sensor will display 6.9 ppm.
G7 Dock Update
G7 Dock has been updated to optimize inlet 1 for reactive gases, such as chlorine (Cl2). The new version of G7 Dock will look the same but will require approximately 1.5L less gas per Cl2 calibration with firmware 3.450 and higher.
The serial numbers of the updated G7 Dock start with 8247 and higher.
NOTE: If you are using reactive gases (Cl2, HCN, NO2, NH3, SO2, or H2S) with G7 Dock, Port 1 will use Viton tubing if Chlorine is the target gas. This selection is configured as part of Blackline manufacturing. All other gases can use a Teflon lined hose(ACC-FEP-T2) and the regulator should have a stainless steel body and Viton seals and valve seat.