This guide will explain how to position Location Beacons in the Blackline Live portal. Correct set up of Location Beacons is crucial in order to make sure that your safety is monitored and so that response teams can locate lone workers in trouble. If you would like to know more about Location Beacons, floor and site plans, installation of Location Beacons and testing of Location Beacons please refer to the Indoor Location Technology Getting Started Guide, available from the Location Beacon page. This guide will walk you through:
- Signing into the Blackline Live portal
- Navigating to the Beacon Setup page
- Placing Location Beacons in the Blackline Live portal
Signing into the Blackline Live portal
The Blackline Live portal is where you will find all the tools to place your Location Beacons.
- Navigate to live.blacklinesafety.com
- Enter your Email Address
- Enter your Password
- Select Sign In
Navigating to the Beacon Setup page
The Beacon Setup page is where you can manage Location Beacons, their information and their placement.
- Select Menu
- Under Features, select Beacon Setup
Placing Location Beacons in the Blackline Live Portal
Adding beacons in the Blackline Live portal is important in order to make sure your safety is being monitored. Placing beacons in the correct location can decrease response time in order to give lone workers the help they need.
- Select the Location Beacon you wish to place in the portal
- If you are using floor plans: Select the layer that corresponds with the floor plan the beacon is on. If you are not using floor plans: Select No Layer
- Select the blue beacon pin
- Drag the pin to where it is positioned in your building
- Select Save